|Wedding Planning List|
This checklist will help you in planning the most important day of your life. Feel free to print it out and give copies to those helping to plan your wedding.
- Choose the kind of wedding you will have, date and time.
- Discuss the budget, and who will pay for what.
- Consider hiring a wedding coordinator.
- Make arrangements with the officiator.
- Reserve the wedding and reception locations.
- Select your wedding dress, veil and accessories.
- Choose the bridesmaids, groomsmen, ushers, and honored roles.
- Have a formal black/white photo sitting for announcements.
- Send announcements of your engagement to your fiancé’s and your local and hometown newspapers.
- Meet with the florist, photographer, caterer, videographer, and D.J. or entertainment to discuss budgets and options.
- Discuss the guest list with fiancé and families.
- Plan reception music.
- Contact a rental coordinator for equipment reservations.
- Discuss honeymoon and reservations. (Traditionally the groom makes all the honeymoon arrangements.)
- Arrange for time off work, if necessary.
- Buy a wedding planner and envelopes to store brochures and notes.
- Develop record-keeping system for invitations, gifts, and thank-you notes.